where you can easily see that the rest of the carpet has faded. The table or furniture helping to preserve the carpet underneath it has covered this piece of carpet and helped it from not fading like the carpet that has been exposed to the sunlight.
What about your artwork in your home or your art gallery that are exposed to the sunlight every day? What about the displays in your shop window with those beautiful dresses or leather hand bags that are always being exposed to the suns UV rays?
There are ways to reduce the fading effects significantly.
The main cause of fading is UV rays (ultra-violet rays) which come from the sun. It’s these rays that can cause skin cancer and, not surprisingly, are just as damaging to your furnishings, in fact UV rays cause around 40% of fading. The sun is by far the biggest cause of fading as the solar heat causes a further 25% of fading whilst the natural light causes another 25%. This means that the sun causes 90% of the effects of fading through ultra violet, infra red and natural light. This leaves a further 10%; this is made up of a number of things such as artificial light and natural gasses that’s floating around.
How can you slow the effects of fading down?Fading From UV Rays
We can’t do much about artificial lights and gasses but, as they only cause a small proportion of the effects of fading, they’re not too important. The main thing to stop is the sun coming through your windows. 3M Sun Control window films can help. 3M’s Sun Control window films will stop 99.9% of UV, while they can also stop over 80% of solar heat and glare (natural light). This means that you can really affect the speed at which your furniture fades.
For further information on 3M Window Films or to schedule a quote, please contact Stop the Sun, Inc. We are San Diego County’s Premiere 3M Window Film Dealer!